This Degi Steam Roast chicken is easy to make, delicious, and tender. It’s our go-to dinner. Spice up your chicken this summer with this simple, delicious, healthy recipe. Try out our Degi Steam Roast Chicken Recipe today and let us know how you like it in the comments.
#steamroast #sooperchef #chickenroast #steamchickenroast
Degi Steam Roast
Ingredients for Soaked Chicken:
Chicken (leg & thigh piece) 5-6 each
Water as required
Vinegar 1/2 cup
Salt 1 tbsp
Ginger Garlic (chopped) 2 tbsp
Ingredients for Degi Steam Roast:
Oil (for frying) as required
Yogurt 2 cups
Chaat masala 1 tbsp
Red chili flakes 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder 1 tbsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Coriander seeds (crushed) 1 tbsp
Lemon juice 3 tbsp
Salt 1 tsp / to taste
Orange food color 1/2 tsp
Directions for Soaked Chicken Preparation:
1. Take chicken pieces and place cuts on them with knife.
2. Add water, vinegar, salt, garlic, and mix well in a bowl. Add chicken pieces and soak for 20 mins.
3. Wash the chicken thoroughly after soaking and pat dry.
Directions for Degi Steam Roast Preparation:
4. In a pot heat oil and add chicken pieces. Fry them for 1-2 mins.
5. In a bowl add yogurt, chaat masala, red chili flakes, garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, lemon juice, orange food color, salt and mix it well.
6. Pour this prepared marinade over fried chicken and marinate the chicken for 30 mins.
7. In a steamer heat water and bring it to a boil. Steam the chicken pieces for 30-35 mins over low flame.
8. Your Degi Steam Roast is ready. Serve with pudina chutney and enjoy.
Prep time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins