#shorts #koreanfood #mukbang
Ssamjang is another classic in Korean cuisine and a MUST HAVE when it comes to barbecue or rice wrapped in vegetables. There are different recipes for making dakgalbi with gochujang and black bean sauce, but I thought the easier, the better!
Here we go:
500g chicken filet
5 tbsp ssamjang
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp corn syrup or honey
1/2 Korean curry powder (or regular curry powder)
2 garlic cloves
1 red chili pepper
perilla leaves (if available)
cabbage (as much as you like)
1) Start by slicing the chicken filet into bite-sized pieces. Transfer them into a bowl and add salt, pepper, and milk. Let sit for about 30 minutes.
2) Slice cabbage, garlic, onion, red chili pepper, and perilla leaves.
3) Mix ssamjang, soy sauce, sugar, corn syrup or honey, and Korean curry powder in a bowl. Add crushed garlic.
4) Remove the milk from the chicken and add it to the bowl with the sauce. Let the chicken absorb the sauce for about 10 minutes.
5) Heat a frying pan over medium heat and stir-fry the chicken for 2–3 minutes. Then add sliced cabbage, onion, scallion, red chili pepper, and perilla leaves. Close the lid and let simmer for another 3 minutes. Open the lid and keep stir-frying until the chicken is done.
6) Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and let simmer on low heat until cheese melts. Enjoy ❤️