Welcome to Gochujang Mamá YouTube Channel! I am a Mom to a blended Korean / Mexican American family that loves to share what I cook in my home. I am still learning and enjoy the process of making home cooked food.
#gochujangmama #chickenrecipe #easyrecipes
Please LIKE, SHARE and SUBSCRIBE! Thank you!
?MY VLOG CHANNEL
?FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM ??http://bit.ly/2WU4AC9
AND HASH TAG Gochujang Mama
⭐️Yellow Squash Casserole COMING SOON!
⭐️BRINE AND ROAST A CHICKEN RECIPE
⭐️CREAMY MAC N CHEESE
5 lbs (2.26 kg) Whole Chicken
2 Tbsp (29 g) softened unsalted butter
3 medium carrots chopped (110 g)
1 large onion chopped (300 g)
3 celery sticks chopped (140 g)
1 small bell pepper chopped (126 g)
DRY RUB FOR CHICKEN
2 tsp (10 g) Seasoning salt (or plain salt)
2 tsp (6 g) lemon pepper
1 tsp (5 g) onion powder
1 tsp (5 g) garlic powder
1 tsp (5 g) smoked paprika
2 to 3 Tbsp (20 g to 30 g) all purpose flour
16 oz (473 mL ) chicken broth
1/4 tsp Browning sauce (optional)
season and salt to preference
– Completely thaw chicken in refrigerator over night
– Place chicken covered on your counter top 20 minutes before prepping to remove cold chill
– Rinse (optional) and pat dry
●Note: For food prep safety reasons the CDC has advised that washing chicken is not necessary. You will more likely spread bacteria before you actually clean raw chicken meat. So if you do choose to wash your raw meat, do so carefully. I soak mine in cold water, drain and pat dry with paper towels.
– In a small bowl combine seasoning salt, lemon pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika and mix well
– Reserve 1 tsp of dry seasoning mix in a separate bowl
– Tuck the wings under the chicken and with cooking twine, tie the legs together, this will help the chicken cooking more evenly
– Now spread softened butter all over the chicken, then season liberally with dry rub
– In a 9 x 13 baking dish or 12 inch large cast iron skillet add roughly chopped carrots, onions, bell pepper, celery and minced garlic
– season vegetables with reserved tsp of dry rub and combine everything well
– Place prepared and seasoned chicken on top of vegetable mix
– Bake in a preheated oven @ 375ºF / 190ºC for 20 to 25 minutes per pound / per half kilogram or until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the chicken near the thigh reaches 165º F / 74ºC
– Once chicken is done, remove from oven and allow it to rest in the same pan or baking dish for 20 minutes then move to another pan to continue resting while you make the pan gravy
– Place the skillet with all of the pan drippings and cooked vegetables on a medium heat
– If there is a lot of rendered fat from the chicken, skim most of it out of the pan. Leave some for the roux
– Now add all purpose flour, combine and cook for one minute or until the roux starts to crust over at the bottom of the pan
– Now start adding chicken broth little by little until sauce thickens to a smooth gravy
– Add a little browning sauce for color and season to taste
– Slice chicken and serve with sides of your choice
– This 5 pound chicken easily serves four to six people
DISCLAIMER: This video and description contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. This helps support the channel and allows me to continue to make videos like this. Thank you for the support!
Places by Ulas Pakkan, Courtesy of Shutterstock, Inc.