Korean Fried Chicken | Sweet And Spicy Korean Fried Chicken | Crunchy Korean Fried Chicken | Yangnyeom-Tongdak | Crispy Korean Fried Chicken | Korean Fried Chicken Sauce | Yangnyeom Sauce | Korean Fried Chicken Recipe | Yangnyeom Chicken
Ingredients for Korean Fried Chicken:
(Tsp- Teaspoon; Tbsp- Tablespoon )
Boneless Chicken Thighs – 1 lb or 450 gms (cut into 3 inch long chunks)
For the Marination:
– Salt- 3/4 tsp
– Crushed Pepper- 1/2 tsp
– Grated garlic- 1 tsp
– Grated ginger- 1 tsp
For coating the chicken:
– Potato starch- 1/2 cup (Corn starch can also be used but the taste will vary)
For the Yangnyeom Sauce:
– Gochujang Korean chilli paste – 2 tbsp
– Mustard paste – 1 tsp
– Light Soy sauce- 1.5 tbsp
– Honey-2 tbsp
– Brown Sugar-2 tbsp
– Rice Vinegar-2 tsp
– Sesame oil -1 tbsp
– Garlic minced – 1 tsp
– Red Chillies, cut & deseeded-4-5
– White Sesame Seeds – 1-2 tsp.
– Cut the boneless chicken thighs into 3 inch long chunks.
– Grate the ginger and garlic to give 1 tsp of each
– Finely chop or grate garlic to be used for tempering.
– Deseed the red chillies and cut them into small pieces.
– To make the sauce mix, add all the items specified for the sauce in a bowl and give a mix. Set aside.
– Give a mix again just before adding to the wok later.
Add all the ingredients for the marination (mentioned above) to the chicken.
Mix and set aside for 15 mins.
– Add the potato starch to the marinated chicken pieces. Dredge the pieces well to coat the pieces with the potato starch.
– Arrange these on a plate side by side and heat the oil for deep frying.
– Once the oil is medium hot, drop the coated chicken pieces one by one to not crowd the pan.
– Do not stir for around 30-60 secs and then stir and fry on medium heat for 4-5 mins till the colour changes.
– Remove the pieces from oil and keep on a plate. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.
– All the fried chicken pieces to rest for 10 mins.
– Heat the oil again to a high temperature.
– Drop all the pieces from both the batches and fry on high heat for around 2 mins till brown and crisp
– Remove to a plate.
– Heat sesame oil in a wok and add the chopped/grated garlic & red chillies.
– Stir for 15 secs and then add the Yangnyeom Sauce (made earlier) & 50 ml water.
– Mix and cook for 1 min.
– Add the fried chicken pieces
– Cook on high heat for around 1-2 mins to coat completely.
– Sprinkle sesame seeds and stir fry for 30 secs. Remove to a plate.
– Garnish with some more white sesame seeds and serve.
#koreanfriedchicken #crispykoreanfriedchicken #yangnyeomchicken #friedchicken #crunchykoreanfriedchicken #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken