Mild Chicken Curry Recipe by Spice Eats | Chicken Gravy Recipe | Easy Chicken Curry | Chicken Curry With Coconut Milk | Chicken Gravy | Chicken Curry | Chicken Curry In Coconut Milk
Ingredients for the Chicken Curry :
– Chicken, curry cut with bones- 500 gms
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Pepper Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Green Cardamom- 3
– Cinnamon- 2
– Cloves- 4
– Bay Leaf- 2(cut into 2)
– Star Anise- 1
– Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
– Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
– Onions, fine chopped- 2 (120 gms)
– Dried Red Chilli, chopped- 1
– Green Chillies, chopped- 2
– Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
– Tomatoes, chopped- 2 (120 gms)
– Coconut Milk- 200 ml
– Lemon Juice- 1.5 tsp
– Coriander leaves, chopped- 3 tbsp
– Salt for seasoning- pinch (1/8 tsp or to taste)
– Oil- 3 tbsp
– Marinate the cleaned & washed chicken pieces with salt & pepper powder. Set aside for 30 mins.
– Fine chop the onions. Also chop the dried red chilli, green chillies, tomatoes and coriander leaves.
– Prepare the coconut milk by extracting from fresh coconut or use fresh coconut milk available in carton/tin or powder, to be mixed in water and used.
– Heat oil in a kadai or wok and add the whole spices. Once it splutters, add the chopped onions and fry on medium heat for around 6 mins.
– Add the chopped red chilli & green chillies, mix and continue to fry on medium heat for another minute.
– Now add the ginger garlic paste, mix and fry for around 2 mins on low heat till the raw smell is gone.
– Add the marinated chicken pieces, mix well and fry on medium heat for around 5-6 mins till the chicken pieces are browned.
– Add all the spice powders, mix and fry for 2-3 mins on medium heat till it coats the chicken pieces.
– Now add the chopped tomatoes, mix and fry on medium heat for 1 min.
– Cover and cook for 4-5 mins on low heat till the tomatoes are soft.
– Now add 200 ml coconut milk , pinch of salt and mix it well. Cook covered on low heat for around 15-16 mins till chicken is tender and oil separates.
– Add the lemon juice and the chopped coriander leaves, give a mix and simmer on low heat for around 2 mins.
– Serve with hot rice.
#mildchickencurry #chickencurry #chickengravy #chickencurrycoconutmilk #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken #chickenstew