#dessert #tasty #yummy #recipes
Choco Lava Gulab Jamun
Servings – 3 – 4
(For Sugar Syrup)
Water – 125 milliliters
Sugar – 250 grams
Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Milk – 1 litre
Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
Milk – 1.8 litres
(For Chocolava Gulab Jamun)
All purpose flour – 20 grams
Chocolate chips – to taste
Oil – for frying
Pistachios – for garnishing
(For Sugar Syrup)
1. Take a skillet, add 125 milliliters water, 250 grams sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder and stir continuously until the sugar is fully dissolved.
2. Bring it to a boil.
3. Boil for 5 – 7 minutes on medium heat.
4. Remove it from heat and keep aside.
1. Heat 1 litre milk in a heavy skillet, add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and stir continuously until the milk curdles completely.
2. Remove it from heat.
3. Take a bowl and place a muslin cloth on top of it.
4. Transfer the milk mixture on it and wash it with water to remove the smell of the lemon juice.
5. Now, squeeze it tightly so all the water goes out.
6. Hang the cloth for 30 minutes.
7. Remove it from cloth and knead the paneer well to make a dough and keep aside.
1. Heat 1.8 litres milk in a heavy skillet and bring it to a gentle boil first on a low to medium heat.
2. Then lower the heat and simmer the milk. Stir while the milk is simmering.
3. The milk will froth many times, while its being simmered. So when you see this happening, with a spatula stir the milk.
4. Scrape the milk solids from the sides and add to the milk.
5. The milk will continue to reduce and thicken as its being simmered on a low heat.
6. Continue to simmer and stir.
7. Towards the end when the milk has reduced much, you will see bubbles bursting in the reduced milk. At this point continuously stir.
8. When you see no bubbles in the reduced milk, its time to switch off the heat. It takes 2 hours and 30 minutes overall on a low heat.
9. Remove it from heat and allow it cool.
(For Choco Lava Gulab Jamun)
1. Transfer prepared khoa into a mixing bowl, add the prepared paneer, 20 grams all purpose flour and mix it well.
2. Take some mixture in your hands and shape it into a ball.
3. Press in centre with the help of your thumb.
4. Add some chocolate chips in it and roll it into a ball.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a pot and deep fry these till dark brown and crispy.
6. Dip it in prepared sugar syrup.
7. Soak for about 1 hour.
8. Garnish with pistachios.
Rabri Seviyan Katori
Servings – 2 – 3
Ghee – 30 milliliters
Vermicelli – 400 grams
Water – 30 milliliters
Condensed milk – 60 grams
Milk – 2 litres
Condensed milk – 175 grams
Sugar – 65 grams
Almonds – 10 grams
Pistachios – 10 grams
Cardamom powder – 1/4 teaspoon
1. Heat 30 milliliters ghee in a skillet, add 400 grams vermicelli and roast for 5 – 7 minutes on medium heat or until it turns golden brown in color.
2. Add 30 milliliters water and mix it well.
3. Add 60 grams condensed milk and mix it well.
4. Remove it from heat.
5. Take a cupcake tray and add the vermicelli in it.
6. Spread it to the sides to make a cup. (See Video)
7. Refrigerate for 20 – 25 minutes.
8. Heat 2 litres milk in a heavy skillet and stir well.
9. Bring it to a boil.
10. Add 175 grams condensed milk, 65 grams sugar and mix it well.
11. Again bring it to a boil.
12. Add 10 grams almonds, 10 grams pistachios and mix well.
13. Do stir and scrape often so that the milk does not get browned or brunt from the bottom as well as the sides.
14. It will take about 1 hour for the milk to thicken on a low heat.
15. Add 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder and mix it well.
16. Remove the rabri from heat and allow it to cool.
17. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
18. Remove the katori from tray and fill it with rabri.
19. Garnish with pistachios.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Instagram