Chicken Tikka Biryani Restaurant Style | Chicken Tikka Biryani Recipe | Easy Chicken Tikka Biryani | Chicken Tikka Biryani Recipe | Chicken Biryani | Simple Chicken Biryani Recipe for Beginners | Tikka Biryani
Ingredients for Chicken Tikka Biryani:
For making Chicken Tikkas:
– Boneless Chicken – 500-600 gms (cut into large Tikka pieces)
Marination for Chicken Tikkas-
– Kashmiri Chilli Powder- 4.5 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 3/4 tsp
– Ginger Garlic paste- 2 tsp
– Thick Curd/Yogurt- 4 tbsp
– Lemon Juice- 2 tsp
– Salt- 1 tsp
– Refined Oil- 2 tbsp
For making the Gravy:
– Onions, sliced- 2 medium (150 gms)
– Ginger Garlic paste- 1.5 tsp
– Tomato Purée- 5 tbsp (Readymade tomato purée can be used but in case not available, blend 2 medium -150 gms red tomatoes and use for this recipe)
– Whisked Curd/Yogurt- 3 tbsp
– Turmeric Powder- 1/2 tsp
– Red Chilli Powder- 1 tsp
– Biryani Masala Powder- 5 tsp
– Green Chillies, chopped- 2
– Coriander leaves, chopped- 2 tbsp
– Mint leaves, chopped or whole – 2 tbsp
– Water- 150 ml
– Salt- 1/4 tsp
For cooking the Rice:
– Basmati Rice- 500 gms
– Whole spices:
– Green Cardamom-4
– Cloves- 4
– Shahjeera- 1/2 tsp
– Water- 1.5 litres
– Salt- 1.5 tbsp
For the Biryani:
– Saffron Milk – 10-12 saffron strands soaked in warm milk
– Mint leaves- 2 tbsp
To marinate , use Chicken Tikka pieces or cut the tikka pieces from boneless thigh pieces and/or fillets as per your preference.
Marinate the chicken tikkas with items specified and mix well. Set aside for 1 hr.
– Take 1/2 cup of warm milk & soak 10-12 saffron strands. Mix it with a spoon and set aside.
– Slice 2 medium onions & chop the green chillies, coriander leaves, and mint leaves
– Wash and soak the basmati rice for 30 mins before cooking.
– Whisk the curd/yogurt.
To cook the Chicken Tikkas:
– Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and arrange the marinated tikkas side by side. Don’t crowd the pan, make it in 2 batches.
– Fry on high heat for 2 mins, flip the tikkas on the other side and continue to fry on high heat for 2 mins on the other side.
– Flip again on the other side and continue to fry on medium heat for 3 mins on each side.
– Repeat the same for the next batch too.
To make the Gravy:
– Heat 3 tbsp oil in a pan and add the sliced onions. Fry on medium heat for around 10 mins till light brown.
– Add the Ginger Garlic paste and fry on low heat for 2 mins.
– Now add the tomato purée, mix and fry on medium heat for a minute (in case you are adding fresh tomato purée cook for 2-3 mins).
– Add all the spice powders and salt to season. Mix and cook on low heat for 2-3 mins.
– Add the whisked curd/yogurt and cook on low heat while stirring for 3 mins till oil separates.
– Add the chopped green chillies, coriander leaves and mint, give a mix and cook on low heat for 1 min.
– Now add 150 ml water, give a mix and cook for 2 mins till the gravy is thick and oil separates. Set aside for use later.
To cook the Rice:
– Wash & soak the Basmati Rice for 30 minutes
– Boil 1.5 litres water in a pan on high flame.
– Add all the whole spices and 1.5 tbsp salt
– Stir it well to dissolve the salt completely. The water must be very salty.
– Once it comes to boil, add the soaked rice & keep on high, turning it gently a few times till the rice is 90% done. This should take 8-9 mins.
– Strain the water & keep the rice aside on a big plate.
To assemble the Biryani:
– Take a flat bottom pot and brush with 1 tsp ghee on the base of the pot.
– Now arrange half of the cooked rice and spread the gravy uniformly on the rice.
– Arrange the fried chicken tikkas side by side on top of the gravy. Add the mint leaves over the tikkas and spread the balance cooked rice over this.
– Spread the the saffron milk on the rice.
– Close with a lid and cook covered on DUM on low heat for 8 mins.
– Let it rest for 20 mins before mixing the rice and chicken evenly.
#chickentikkabiryani #chickenbiryani simplechickenbiryani #easychickenbiryani #chickenbiryanirecipe #bachelorchickenbiryani #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken