Chicken Hariyali Curry | Hare Masala Ka Murgh | Hariyali Chicken | Hare Masale Ka Chicken | Hara Chicken Recipe | Hariyali Murgh
Chicken Hariyali Curry or Hare Masala Ka Murgh is a tangy and tasty chicken recipe, cooked in a “green” gravy of mint, coriander leaves and brown onions. It’s also famously known as Hariyali Chicken or Green Chicken.
Ingredients for 1st marination:
– Chicken with bones – 1 kg
– Curd- 200 ml
– Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp or a pinch
– Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
– Salt- 1/2 tsp
Ingredients for 2nd marination to be made into a green paste:
– Fried onions or birista – 4 medium onions
– Coriander leaves – 1 cup chopped
– Mint or Pudina leaves – 1 cup
– Green chilies -3-4 broken
– Cashews – 10 to 12
Other ingredients :
– Oil – 4 tbsp
– Coriander powder- 2 tsp
– Cumin powder- 1 tsp
– Garam Masala powder- 1 tsp
– Pepper powder- 1 tsp
– Marinate the chicken with the ingredients for 1st marination. Keep it aside for around 30 mins.
– Put all the ingredients for 2nd marination in a blender/ mixie and blend into a green paste.
– Once the chicken has been marinating for 30 mins, pour this green paste over the marinated chicken. Keep it aside for an hour.
– Take a heavy bottomed pan or kadhai & heat the oil.
– Add the marinated chicken & fry on high heat for around 5 mins.
– Now lower the heat to medium & cook for around 10 mins or till the green Masala is cooked.
– Add the coriander powder, cumin powder, garam Masala powder & 1 tsp salt & mix well.
– Cook covered for around 15 mins.
– Now add the pepper powder & mix it well.
– Cook covered again for another 5 mins till the chicken is soft & oil separates.
– Serve hot with roti, naan or pulao rice.
#hariyalichicken #chickenhariyali #spiceeatschicken #hariyalichickencurry #chickenhariyalicurry #haremasalekamurgh #haremasalekachicken