Air Fryer Chicken Legs (Drumsticks) are quick to make in just 30 minutes. These keto chicken legs are juicy inside but perfectly browned and crispy outside. They also have an incredible Asian-inspired flavor that the whole family will love. Air fryer fried chicken drumsticks make a healthy, easy dinner meal!
Check out these other airfrier videos:
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs: https://youtube.com/shorts/mWuEyw-S-cw
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts: https://youtu.be/_90VBw5Ubtk
Air Fryer Steak: https://youtu.be/P_fxbnCXVs8
Air Fryer Asparagus: https://youtu.be/_UIFOovjMQk
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings: https://youtu.be/I3r4gRPQCMo
SUBSCRIBE to our channel for more shortcut recipes made easy and delish. FOLLOW US on:
Air Fryer Chicken Leg Recipe
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 ½ tbsp olive oil or half peanut oil and half sesame oil
2 tbsp lime juice
¼ tsp ground ginger optional
5 tbsp low sodium soy sauce use one that is gluten-free for a keto recipe
2 tbsp honey use sugar-free maple syrup for a keto recipe
1 tsp sriracha or any hot sauce
8 chicken drumsticks take out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking
How to make chicken drumsticks in air fryer:
1. To make this air fryer chicken drumstickes recipe, first preheat air fryer to 375° F (190° C) for at least 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, gather the ingredients and prepare the marinade.
2. Whisk together garlic powder, onion powder, salt, olive oil, lime juice, ground ginger, soy sauce, honey, and sriracha in a large bowl.
3. Put the drumsticks into the bowl and massage them with the mixture until fully covered. If you have time, let them marinate at room temp for 20-30 minutes at least. Otherwise, skip marinating!
4. Place medium to large chicken drumsticks into the air fryer tray or basket in a single layer, leaving space between them for air to circulate. This is key for even cooking!
5. Cook them for 15 minutes. Then, flip the legs and cook for 10 minutes more. They will have a nice browned exterior. Check the internal temp with a thermometer – it must reach 160° F (71° C). If not, cook for 3-5 minutes more until cooked through. For smaller drumsticks, it will take less time to cook (around 18-20 minutes total).
6. If cooking whole chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks attached together), it should take about 30-40 minutes total to fully cook.
7. Garnish the air fried chicken legs with chopped green onion and sesame seeds. You can serve the air fried chicken drumsticks with any side of your choice!