For more tasty food videos subscribe to our channel @ https://bit.ly/SubscribeToCookd
Chettinad Chicken Chukka is an authentic #SouthIndianNonVegRecipe from the Chettinad region of Tamilnadu. This #ChickenChukka recipe is made with boneless chicken, red chilli powder and other spicy ingredients. You can now make this #ChettinadChukka with Cookd’s simple recipe and serve it hot. Do try this recipe and share your feedback with us.
Chettinad Chicken Chukka Recipe:
Dry Roast and Grind:
Black Peppercorns – 2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Chicken (boneless) – 500 grams
Gingelly Oil – 2 tbsp
Fennel Seeds – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 1 inch
Cardamom – 3 nos
Cloves – 4 nos
Cashew Nut – 10 nos
Dried Red Chilli – 2 nos
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
Onion (finely chopped) – 2 nos
Garlic (finely chopped) – 7 cloves
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Tomato (finely chopped) – 1 no
Water – ½ Cup
Salt – 1 ¼ tsp
Coriander Leaves (finely chopped) – 2 tbsp
1. In a pan, dry roast the Black Peppercorns and Cumin seeds until they are aromatic. Ground this into a powder using a mixer grinder.
2. In another pan, heat oil, add Fennel Seeds, Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Cashew Nuts, and Dried Red chilli.
3. Once the spices start spluttering and the cashews are brown, add curry leaves.
4. Add the finely chopped onions, finely chopped garlic, and continue to cook until the onions turn translucent.
5. Add the Ginger Garlic Paste, Turmeric Powder and continue to saute.
6. Add Red Chilli Powder and continue to cook.
7. Add the finely chopped tomato and saute until the tomatoes are mushy.
8. Add some water to bring the masala together and to prevent it from burning or sticking to the pan.
9. Add Chicken to the pan, mix well to coat the Chicken with masala, and add Salt.
10. Cook the Chicken for 10 minutes by stirring in intervals or until the chicken is cooked fully.
11. Add the ground Pepper and Cumin powder which was prepared earlier to the pan.
12. Mix well and saute for 2 mins.
13. Add coriander leaves, mix and remove from the heat.
Visit Cookd shop for high quality, tried & tested Cookware for your kitchen – https://shop.cookdtv.com
Like our Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/CookdTV/
Follow us on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/cookdtv/
Follow us on Twitter – https://twitter.com/CookdRecipes