Baked Honey Sesame Chicken is a delicious, quick and easy recipe for cooking the chicken. The sweet and sour sauce is done in a matter of minutes and the flavor is amazing. The toasted sesame seeds alongside with the sauce complements very well the baked chicken. Serve over rice and the lunch or dinner is done in less than an hour.
Makes about 3-4 servings
4 boneless, chicken breast halves (about 500g)
2/3 cup breadcrumbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
canola oil for drizzling
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup light soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock or water
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
1 tsp chili paste or chili jam
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the breadcrumbs into a flat bowl and set aside.
2. Cut the chicken breasts in 1 inch pieces and season with salt and pepper. Coat each piece in breadcrumbs and place into the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with a little oil and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
3. Prepare the sauce: In a sauce pan over medium heat add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, chili jam and stir for a few seconds. Add the water (chicken stock), soy sauce, honey, vinegar and brown sugar. Stir until it comes to a boil.
4. Whisk together the cornstarch and 2 tbsp of water and once the mixture is boiling add the cornstarch mixture, stirring until it thickens. Keep it on very low heat until the chicken is cooked.
5. Pour the sauce over chicken and top with sesame seeds. Serve immediately along side rice.
For the full recipe: http://www.homecookingadventure.com/recipes/baked-honey-sesame-chicken