Get your New Year on with this fabulous smoothie recipe. Here’s my challenge to you: Eat one pound of greens a day or a 64 ounce smoothie every day for five days. That’s it!! And the best way to eat a pound of greens a day is DEFINITELY a smoothie. I drink mine all morning.
– 6 cups of greens (kale, spinach, swiss chard, romaine, collards etc.) TIP: Baby greens are softer and more tender
– Approx. 6 – cups liquid (I like coconut water, but you can add water)
– Handful raw almonds (about 8-10)
– 2 apples, cored (not peeled) and chopped or 1 cup frozen chopped pineapple
– 2 lemons, peeled & quartered (in stead of one)
– 1 tsp. ginger, peeled and chopped
– 4 dates or 1 dropper of liquid stevia
– Crushed ice
Put all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high until all ingredients are thoroughly blended and smooth.
Reserve ice until ready to drink
If smoothie is too thick, add a bunch more liquid. You can add 2 – 3 cups more liquid and have you smoothies last longer. Some people prefer this.
Omit the almonds if you are allergic, and just use flax seeds.
You don’t have to add the ginger if you don’t like the taste. Play with your flavors until you create something you love.
– Hemp Seeds
– Frozen Mango
– Frozen banana
– Ceylon Cinnamon
– Sunflower Seeds
– Pumpkin Seeds
– Cayenne Pepper
Before getting started with this challenge, Sophie encourages you to check with your doctor.
Subscribe to Sophie’s weekly newsletter at http://sophieuliano.com/starterguide/ and get her free Wellness Starter Guide (over 50 pages of healthy living tips, tricks, recipes and reviews)! This is a great way to start your wellness journey TODAY!
You can also subscribe to my channel – I post three videos each week!
Be sure to follow me on social media!!
Blog // http://bit.ly/1IbnU0R
Facebook // http://on.fb.me/1RIBRb4
Twitter // http://bit.ly/1Q5Rps4
Instagram // http://bit.ly/1If2kvo
Pinterest // http://bit.ly/1KCAd6N